Results tagged ‘ Lineups ’
Tonight’s 7:05 p.m. ET game at Progressive Field is on STO and WTAM. I’ll be on the STO pregame show around 6:45.
This certainly qualifies as one of the more interesting lineups of the season, to date.
INDIANS (25-38): SS Hernandez, RF Choo, C Santana, DH Hafner, CF Kearns, 3B Peralta, LF Duncan, 1B Marte, 2B Donald. RHP Mitch Talbot (7-4, 3.59).
METS (36-28): SS Reyes, CF Pagan, 3B Wright, 1B Davis, LF Bay, DH Carter, C Barajas, RF Francoeur, 2B Tejada. LHP Jon Niese (3-2, 3.61).
Tonight’s 7:05 p.m. ET game is on WTAM and WKYC Channel 3.
INDIANS (25-37): CF Crowe, RF Choo, C Santana, DH Hafner, LF Kearns, 1B Branyan, 3B Peralta, 2B Valbuena, SS Donald. RHP Justin Masterson (2-5, 4.74).
METS (35-28): SS Reyes, CF Pagan, 3B Wright, 1B Davis, LF Bay, DH Carter, C Barajas, RF Francoeur, 2B Cora. LHP Johan Santana (4-3, 2.96).
Let the Stephen Strasburg Show begin.
Today’s 1:05 p.m. ET game is on WTAM and WKYC Channel 3 locally and TBS nationally.
INDIANS (25-36): CF Crowe, RF Choo, C Santana, DH Hafner, LF Kearns, 1B Branyan, 3B Peralta, 2B Valbuena, SS Hernandez. LHP David Huff (2-7, 5.46).
NATIONALS (30-33): 2B Guzman, CF Morgan, DH Zimmerman, 1B Dunn, LF Willingham, C Rodriguez, RF Morse, SS Desmond, 3B Gonzalez. RHP Stephen Strasburg (1-0, 2.57).
By Anthony Castrovince/MLB.com
Tonight’s 7:05 p.m. ET game at Progressive Field is on WTAM and STO.
INDIANS (21-35): CF Crowe, RF Choo, LF Kearns, 3B Peralta, 1B Branyan, DH Duncan, 2B Valbuena, C Marson, SS Donald. LHP David Huff (2-6, 6.08).
RED SOX (34-25): SS Scutaro, 2B Pedroia, C Martinez, 1B Youkilis, DH Ortiz, 3B Beltre, LF Hall, CF Cameron, RF McDonald. RHP Tim Wakefield (1-4, 6.02).
EXCRUCIATING MINUTIAE OF THE DAY…
- Pleased to announce that associate reporter John Barone is on board, hoping to follow in the big footsteps left behind by past interns David “Young Zeus” Briggs and Andrew “The Scribble” Gribble. We’ll have to work on getting Barone a nickname, but for now you can expect to see his byline plenty on Indians.com for the remainder of the season.
- In fact, you can check the site later tonight for Barone’s full roundup of all the Tribe’s Day 2 Draft picks. The team has already refuted a report that it had agreed to terms with No. 2 pick LeVon Washington (when they negotiate, they must heed Elton John’s warning that “LeVon likes his money”).
- Spoke with top pick Drew Pomeranz today. Here’s the full story.
- Nice to see the Tribe pick up local product Alex Lavisky, a catcher from St. Ed’s. Then again, the last time the Indians drafted a local catcher, it was the immortal Chris Bando.
- Asdrubal Cabrera was in the clubhouse after batting practice today. His broken left forearm remains in a cast, but he said he began moving the arm around, doing various exercises, three days ago. He’s three weeks into his eight- to 10-week stay on the DL and, as you might expect, he misses being out there every night. I asked him if he’s watched the replay of his May 17 collision with Jhonny Peralta, and he said he has. “It’s really tough to watch,” he said, “but that happens.”
- Nice to see Victor Martinez, obviously, but it’s also nice to see his son, Victor Jose. The 5-year-old boy was in full Red Sox uniform this afternoon, including batting gloves and wrapped wrists, as he took batting practice at Progressive Field. He’s a natural, lining shots to both sides of the infield. He also has an exact replica of his daddy’s stance. Little Vic, though, only bats from the right-hand side. For now.
- Working on a feature on Martinez and his host family, Bob and Patty Bixler, from his days at Class A Mahoning Valley. He’s actually staying with them at their home near Warren this week. You can look for that on MLB.com and Indians.com on Thursday.
- The Indians only had one at-bat with a runner in scoring position in Monday’s loss.
UPDATE: Here’s the link to today’s notes, including Sandy Alomar Jr.’s take on the close play at first, Manny Acta’s thoughts on expanding instant replay, Austin Kearns on playing with Ken Griffey Jr. and the news that Grady Sizemore will have his knee surgery Friday. Also, here’s an update on Jason Donald, finally watching the replay of the controversial call and admitting he was out.
I won’t be with the team in Chicago this weekend. Monday marks the first day of the 2010 MLB Draft, with the Indians picking fifth overall. I’ll catch up with you then.
We’re back at the scene of the crime, Comerica Park, where Armando Galarraga, like a pair of jeans at Gabriel Brothers, was “slightly imperfect” last night.
It’s also the scene where David Huff will return to the mound just five days after nearly getting decapitated by an Alex Rodriguez line drive. Here’s the full story on Huff and his incredible good fortune.
Today’s 1:05 p.m. ET game is on WTAM. No TV in Cleveland today.
INDIANS (19-32): CF Crowe, RF Choo, DH Hafner, 3B Peralta, 1B Branyan, LF LaPorta, 2B Valbuena, C Marson, SS Donald. LHP David Huff (2-6, 5.54).
TIGERS (27-25): CF Jackson, LF Raburn, RF Ordonez, 1B Cabrera, DH Boesch, 2B Guillen, 3B Inge, C Laird, SS Everett. RHP Rick Porcello (4-5, 5.27).
The tarp is on the field at Comerica Park, but the radar shows a cloud of green creeping out of here by tonight’s 7:05 p.m. ET first pitch. If the radar is correct, tonight’s game will be on STO (with yours truly joining in on the pregame show) and WTAM.
INDIANS (19-31): CF Crowe, RF Choo, LF Kearns, DH Hafner, 3B Peralta, 1B Branyan, 2B Grudzielanek, C Redmond, SS Donald. RHP Fausto Carmona (4-3, 3.69).
TIGERS (26-25): CF Jackson, LF Damon, RF Ordonez, 1B Cabrera, DH Boesch, 2B Guillen, 3B Inge, C Avila, SS Santiago. RHP Armando Galarraga (1-1, 4.50).
Tonight’s 7:05 p.m. ET game will be on WTAM and STO.
INDIANS (18-31): CF Crowe, RF Choo, LF Kearns, DH Hafner, 3B Peralta, 1B Branyan, 2B Grudzielanek, C Marson, SS Donald. RHP Jake Westbrook (2-3, 4.78).
TIGERS (26-24): CF Jackson, LF Damon, RF Ordonez, 1B Cabrera, DH Boesch, 2B Guillen, 3B Inge, C Laird, SS Santiago. RHP Jeremy Bonderman (2-2, 3.78).
Here’s wishing those who have served and those who continue to serve a happy Memorial Day. Today’s 1:05 p.m. ET at Yankee Stadium is on WTAM and STO.
INDIANS (18-30): CF Crowe, 2B Grudzielanek, LF Kearns, DH Hafner, 3B Peralta, RF Duncan, 1B LaPorta, C Marson, SS Donald. RHP Mitch Talbot (6-3, 3.73).
YANKEES (30-20): SS Jeter, CF Granderson, 1B Teixeira, 3B Rodriguez, 2B Cano, RF Swisher, DH Miranda, C Cervelli, LF Gardner. LHP Andy Pettitte (6-1, 2.62).
The Indians made a roster move before today’s game, promoting right-handed reliever Jensen Lewis from Columbus and sending left-hander Aaron Laffey down. Laffey is expected to get stretched back out as a starter, which would make him an option should the Indians make a change in their rotation.
Speaking of which, Justin Masterson is on the mound today in the Bronx. WTAM and STO will carry the 1:05 p.m. ET game. Mike Snyder is filling in for Tom Hamilton, who is attending his daughter’s graduation party back home.
UPDATE: Head athletic trainer Lonnie Soloff announced that Grady Sizemore will have arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in Vail, Colo., this week and will miss at least six to eight weeks. Possibly more, if microfracture surgery is deemed necessary. More to come on Indians.com.
Also, the Indians are still hopeful David Huff will make his next start against the Tigers. He will continue to be evaluated over the next few days but he looks and feels great.
INDIANS (18-29): CF Crowe, RF Choo, DH Hafner, LF Kearns, 1B Branyan, 3B Peralta, 2B Valbuena, C Marson, SS Donald. RHP Justin Masterson (0-5, 6.13).
YANKEES (29-20): SS Jeter, CF Granderson, 1B Teixeira, 3B Rodriguez, RF Cano, DH Swisher, LF Miranda, C Gardner, C Moeller. RHP A.J. Burnett (5-2, 3.55).
Today’s 1:05 p.m. ET game at Yankee Stadium will be bradcast on WTAM and STO.
INDIANS (17-29): CF Crowe, RF Choo, LF Kearns, 3B Peralta, DH Duncan, 2B Grudzielanek, 1B LaPorta, C Marson, SS Donald. LHP David Huff (2-6, 5.25).
YANKEES (29-19): SS Jeter, RF Swisher, 1B Teixeira, 3B Rodriguez, 2B Cano, DH Thames, C Cervelli, LF Russo, CF Gardner. LHP CC Sabathia (4-3, 3.86).