Maybe someday your name will be in lights
Not that you asked, but…
Top 5 Rock Songs of All-Time:
1. “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
2. “Like A Rolling Stone” by Bob Dylan
3. “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
“Johnny B. Goode” by Chuck Berry “Fortunate Son” by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Pride (In the Name of Love)” by U2 “Johnny B. Goode” by Chuck Berry
Open to your comments, certainly, but not exactly negotiable.
EXCRUCIATING MINUTIA OF THE DAY…
- The rotation coming out of Monday’s off day will look like this: Cliff Lee, Carl Pavano and Jeremy Sowers will pitch Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, respectively, against the Royals, and Tomo Ohka, David Huff and Lee will pitch Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively, against the Cardinals.
- Jake Westbrook tossed three scoreless innings for Akron in his first Minor League rehab start Saturday. He gave up a hit and a walk with a strikeout. He’s slated to throw four innings in his next start.
- Anthony Reyes had his visit with Dr. Lewis Yocum in California last week but no final determination was made on whether he’ll have the season-ending ulnar nerve transposition surgery the Indians are recommending. Yocum ordered more tests on the elbow. The Indians should know more by the middle of the week.
- Carl Pavano has now pitched a shutout for four different teams in his career – the Expos, Marlins, Yankees and Indians. According to Elias Sports Bureau, Mike Hampton is the only other active pitcher to toss a shutout in four different uniforms. Hampton did it for the Astros, Mets, Rockies and Braves.
- Today ends a stretch of 20 games in 20 days and 37 games in 38 days for the Tribe.
- Triple-A Columbus won, 12-0, at Gwinnett on Saturday, with top outfield prospects Michael Brantley (4-for-5 with a homer, two RBIs and two walks) and Matt LaPorta (2-for-5 with a homer and two RBIs) having particularly big days.
- Class A Kinston will have three representatives at the Carolina League All-Star Game on June 23, and all three were members of the Tribe’s 2008 amateur Draft class. Infielders Lonnie Chisenhall and Cord Phelps and left-hander Eric Berger will play for the Carolina League against the California League in Lake Elsinore, Calif.
- This was a family trip for the Tribe, meaning several players’ wives were on the charter. That included Shin-Soo Choo’s wife, Woon Mi, who had never previously made such a trip with her husband. What was her take on Chicago? “She looks around and says, ‘Ooh!'” Choo said. “The only big city she’s used to is Cleveland. She says this looks so different.”